Spring has finally arrived, or so they say, and if you’re one of the millions of people who have seasonal allergies, it also means sneezing, congestion, runny nose, and other irritating symptoms.
Now, with the new UPMC AnywhereCare feature from MyUPMC, you can get quick and convenient treatment so you can get back to doing all the fun activities that spring offers, no matter the time or place.
“As people start to become affected with allergies, UPMC AnywhereCare can be used as a valuable, time-saving tool to get treated, instead of taking time to schedule an appointment,” says Natasa Sokolovich, executive director of telemedicine at UPMC. “The convenience of getting treatment from your couch, at work, or wherever else you happen to be is definitely something people are looking for.”
How the Process Works
- You will log in or sign up for UPMC AnywhereCare through a secure website and answer a few questions about how you are feeling. A medical professional will review your answers and may ask you for additional information.
- For adults: The medical professional makes a diagnosis and develops a treatment plan. Most visits will be conducted via secure messaging, with the option of a real-time video visit.
- For children ages 3 to 18: An adult will complete and submit the questionnaire and schedule an online video appointment with a pediatrician who will provide a diagnosis and develop a treatment plan. NOTE: A proxy relationship must be established at least one business day ahead to conduct a pediatric visit.
- For both adult and pediatric visits, you will receive a quick response, typically within 30 minutes, any time of day or night. There is even an option to send a prescription to your local pharmacy. (Prescriptions do not include controlled substances.)
Some of the additional common adult conditions that can be treated using UPMC AnywhereCare virtual visits include:
- Back pain
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Cough/sore throat/strep throat
- Poison ivy
- Pink eye
- Sinus infection
UPMC AnywhereCare Pediatric visits include: cold, cough, and pink eye.