Today is Fresh Spinach Day! This leafy green contains vitamin A, potassium, and folate, so it’s a tasty way to stay healthy. Try this sautéed spinach recipe for your next family meal!
- Pineapple, fresh – chopped – 2 ¾ oz
- Brown sugar, light – 2 tbsp
- Orange juice, fresh or pasteurized – 2 tsp
- Raisins, seedless – 3 tsp
- Onions, red, fresh – chopped – 3 tsp
- Tilapia filets, raw – 4 oz pieces
- Canola olive oil blend (80:20) – ½ oz
- Garlic, fresh – minced – ½ tsp
- Spinach, fresh – 1 ½ pound
In a saucepan, combine pineapple, brown sugar, orange juice, raisins, onions, and a dash of salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Cool quickly (per HACCP) to internal temperature of 40 degrees F. or below for service. (Use within 3 days).
Place fish filets on baking pans. Top each fillet with 2 tbsp chutney. Bake in a 375 degree convection oven for 15 minutes or until minimum internal temperature is 145 degrees F for 15 seconds. Serve immediately. (If left over, do not reuse).
Heat skillet over medium heat, add oil and garlic. Sauté QUICKLY, do not brown. Add spinach and sauté just until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Hold hot at 140 degrees F or above for service. (If left over, do not reuse).
(Source: Mindful by Sodexo)
Do you have a spinach recipe to share? Comment below!