Bring a taste of Italy home with this super easy meal. The creaminess of vodka sauce pairs perfectly with the cheesy tortellini and the fresh basil adds some freshness. Feeling a bit more adventurous? Why not stir in a bit of spinach too for some additional nutrition and color.
- 3-3/8 lbs. plum tomatoes, whole, canned
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4-1/4 oz. yellow onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 4-1/4 oz. vodka
- 4-1/4 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/8 oz. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt, kosher
- ½ tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1 package of cheese tortellini, frozen
- In a food processor, pulse tomatoes to a chunky consistency.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic softens.
- Add vodka to deglaze pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in tomatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions and toss with sauce.