It’s no secret that salmon is a smart heart-healthy choice when it comes to picking out a protein to prepare. Jazz it up a notch with a sweet and tangy apricot cranberry glaze and serve with a side of steamed broccoli or sautéed zucchini for a truly colorful plate.
Ingredients for Grilled Salmon with Apricot Cranberry Glaze
For the Salmon
- 1/16 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1/16 tsp. salt
- 1 4 oz. wild caught salmon fillet, thawed
For the Sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4-7/8 oz. dried apricots, cut into strips
- 12 oz. cranberries, dried & sweetened
- 4 oz. cranberry juice cocktail
- 1-1/4 oz. light brown sugar
- Combine apricots, dried cranberries and juice. Cover, and let rest until dried fruit are rehydrated.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Set aside
Prepare the Fish
- Spray each side of fillets with vegetable oil spray
- Season each fillet with 1/16 tsp pepper and 1/16 tsp salt.
- Place Salmon flesh side down on grill. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn, and cook for another 2 minutes. Minimum internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees F. (for 15 seconds).
- Serve with some sauce over the fish