There’s no denying the holiday season is full of temptation. Visions of cookies, chocolates, and other delicious treats dance through our heads, and usually we end up eating a few more than we intend. It’s a holiday tradition that’s difficult to break.
While very few of us want to swear off the holiday baked goods completely, setting the right New Year’s resolutions could be the first step in the right direction. If you’re not willing to spend the holiday cookie-free, why not ask Santa for a few healthy gifts to help get yourself back on track after the holiday season? For example, try a yoga mat to inspire you to join that class at the gym or a blender for fruit smoothies instead of a fast food breakfast sandwich! All it takes is a few small resolutions to give you the motivation to live a healthier life. So this Christmas, try adding one (or multiple) of these items to your list so Santa can help you become the you you’ve always wanted to be!
Here are a few suggestions to ask for this year to help you achieve your fitness goals and incorporate good health into your holidays – and the year ahead!
- Tupperware for lunches (They even make containers JUST for salads!)
- Fitness tracker (like Jawbone, Fitbit, or NikeFuelband)
- Yoga Mat (and mat strap!)
- Water bottle with flavor infuser
- Tea infuser
- Reusable Sandwich Bags
- Tabletop Oil / Vinegar Mister
- Cute lunchbag
- Subscription to organic treat box (like NatureBox)
- Healthy cookbook
- Fitness ball
- Herb garden
- Food Huggers (to keep your leftover fruit and veggies fresher for longer!)