Making New Year’s resolutions and sticking to them can be incredibly difficult. Getting healthy is important, but the commitment to a lifestyle change can feel impossible when you’re facing it alone. We all know friends and family make everything better, so why not make a resolution as a family this year? It’s a great way to bond as a family, keep yourself more accountable to your goals, and establish healthy habits for your children. So, this year, try one (or more!) of these resolutions to get you and your loved ones back on the path to a healthy life!
- Exercise together (sign up for a 5k, as an extra challenge) – Whether you and your family walk every night after dinner or join a gym together, exercising will get you and your loved ones on the path to a healthy life.
- Wear your seatbelts – Make a commitment as a family to buckle up every time you’re in the car. Turn it into a game and your kids will love reminding the rest of the family!
- Pack your lunches together – Packing your lunches together is the perfect opportunity to teach your kids about healthy food options and cause you to lead by example. It’s a win-win!
- Cut out sugary sodas (and reach for milk) – By now, we all know that soda/pop is packed with sugar and essentially void of nutrients. So instead, swap it out for milk after the New Year.
- Get more sleep – With so many of us getting such little sleep, this is a great resolution to take a family. Make a sleep schedule and stick to it! Your body will thank you.
- Plant a garden – Why buy produce when you could pick your own from your backyard? If you’re lacking the space, try growing potted tomatoes and peppers on your porch. The kids will love picking their own vegetables, too!
Which of these resolutions will you take with your family this New Year? Do you have any other healthy resolutions you’d like to try as a family in 2015? Let us know in the comments! We’d love to hear them!