It’s Saturday morning – you wake up only to feel the pizza and beer you enjoyed last night sitting heavily in your stomach. You might feel defeated and upset with yourself for eating and drinking more than you should have, but don’t give up just yet!
Overeating is a common problem that can easily knock you off your path to success. Thankfully, there are plenty of ways to help you recover and get back on track in no time!
Tips to Get Back on Track After Overeating
- Eat light meals the next day (like soups or salads)
- Move more so you won’t feel sluggish
- Don’t starve yourself – this can lead to extreme hunger, causing you to overeat all over again
Tips to Recover From a Nasty Hangover
- Try ginger to help with nausea
- Drink coconut water
- Opt for something savory instead of sweet (like salty pretzels or crackers)
There’s nothing wrong with indulging a little each week — especially when you’re celebrating a holiday or enjoying a big game. The key to feeling good all the time is to treat yourself in moderation. If you treat yourself every day, it’s not special. You wind up feeling sluggish, bloated, and develop poor eating and drinking habits that can lead to health problems down the line.