Protein comes in many forms. Gary Roberts, from UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex, recommends trying to decrease your animal product consumption and increase plant-based protein options like beans & legumes, quinoa, hemp, and nutritional yeast. Try this Greek quinoa salad for some variety!
Greek Quinoa Salad (serves 2-3)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ½ cup green pepper, diced
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup green onion
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 3 oz. feta cheese
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- In saucepan, bring stock to boil.
- Stir in quinoa.
- Reduce heat to med low and cover.
- Cook 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer to large bowl and cool.
- Stir in veggies and cheese to cooled quinoa.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over mixture