Looking for a simple and heart healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth? Check out this recipe for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bake, from Gary Roberts High Performance Training!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bake (serves 6-8)
2 cups rolled oats
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. fine sea salt
2-3 tbsp. chopped walnuts or pecans
2 cups diced apples
2 cups milk or milk alternative
½ tsp. vanilla
3 tbsp. coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, salt and baking powder and stir in apples and nuts.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Pour over dry mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden brown.