Packed with protein and carbohydrates, this fat-free shake will help you recover after a long run. It contains tart cherry juice, which acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and also can help with sleep.
Try drinking an 8-ounce serving after a long run. For added carbs after a particularly long run, pair this shake with a granola bar or even blend some granola directly into the shake.
- 1/4 cup whey, soy, or pea protein isolate (vanilla or unflavored)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, sliced
- 1 small frozen banana
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup tart cherry juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour 8 ounces into a glass for one serving and refrigerate the rest. Shake up the remaining portion before drinking it.
Change it up!
- Add blueberries instead of strawberries for variety.
- Substitute pineapple for banana.
- Use half tart cherry juice and half orange juice.
- Add granola for added carbs.
Editor's Note: This gallery was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .