Today is Fresh Spinach Day! This leafy green contains vitamin A, potassium, and folate, so it’s a tasty way to stay healthy. Try this sautéed spinach recipe for your next family meal!
- In a saucepan, combine pineapple, brown sugar, orange juice, raisins, onions, and a dash of salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Cool quickly (per HACCP) to internal temperature of 40 F or below for service. (Use within three days.)
- Place fish filets on baking pans and top each fillet with 2 tablespoons chutney.
- Bake in a 375 F convection oven for 15 minutes or until the minimum internal temperature is 145 F for 15 seconds. Serve immediately. (If left over, do not reuse.)
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add oil and garlic. Sauté quickly (do not brown).
- Add spinach, and sauté just until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Hold hot at 140 F or above for service. (If left over, do not reuse.)
(Source: Mindful by Sodexo)
- 2 3/4 ounces fresh, chopped pineapple
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice (fresh or pasteurized)
- 3 teaspoons seedless raisins
- 3 teaspoons fresh red onion, chopped
- 4 raw tilapia filets
- 1/2 ounce 80/20 canola olive oil blend
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh spinach
Editor's Note: This recipe was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.