The arrival of fall is the official time to get excited about everything pumpkin! Instead of buying the famous coffeehouse drink, skip out on the saturated fat, carbohydrates, and sugars by crafting your own version of the pumpkin spice latte in the kitchen. You may be used to waiting in a long line for this tasty treat, so you’ll be pleasantly surprised to find you can whip up this recipe in half the time.
Better yet, this version uses real pumpkin, not syrup! Pumpkin is low in fat and calories, and also packs a healthy dose of antioxidants, vitamin A and vitamin C, as well as iron. Pumpkin is also a great dietary source of fiber.
So, save yourself some calories, money, and time in line by adopting this version of a fall favorite! What are you waiting for? Jump on the Pumpkin bandwagon with us!
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons Stevia
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
- Whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice and ground nutmeg, optional
- Combine milk, sugar, and pumpkin in a small pan over medium heat until steaming.
- Remove heat, stir in pumpkin pie spice and vanilla
- Transfer the mixture to a blender. Process for 15 seconds or until foamy
- Pour into two mugs, add ¼ cup coffee
- Top with whipped cream and a pinch of pumpkin spice
1-1/4 cups (calculated without whipped cream) equals 307 calories, 0 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein
Editor's Note: This gallery was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .