It’s no secret that salmon is a smart heart-healthy choice when it comes to picking out a protein to prepare. Jazz it up a notch with a sweet and tangy apricot cranberry glaze and serve with a side of steamed broccoli or sautéed zucchini for a truly colorful plate.
Ingredients for Grilled Salmon with Apricot Cranberry Glaze
For the Salmon
- 1/16 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1/16 tsp. salt
- 1 4 oz. wild caught salmon fillet, thawed
For the Sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4-7/8 oz. dried apricots, cut into strips
- 12 oz. cranberries, dried & sweetened
- 4 oz. cranberry juice cocktail
- 1-1/4 oz. light brown sugar
- Combine apricots, dried cranberries and juice. Cover, and let rest until dried fruit are rehydrated.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Set aside
Prepare the Fish
- Spray each side of fillets with vegetable oil spray
- Season each fillet with 1/16 tsp pepper and 1/16 tsp salt.
- Place Salmon flesh side down on grill. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn, and cook for another 2 minutes. Minimum internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees F. (for 15 seconds).
- Serve with some sauce over the fish
Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations in central and western Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.