Need a healthy snack to help you fuel up before a workout? Looking for an easy treat to make for your kids? All you need are a few ingredients and soon you’ll be feasting on delicious protein bars! The nuts and seeds give you a boost of fiber, while fruit and honey add a bit of sweetness to make it taste more like a treat than a healthy snack. Next time you’re gearing up for training, or even taking the kids on a hike, bring this delectable treat that everyone can enjoy!
Ingredients for No-Bake Protein Bars
- Your choice of nuts, seeds, mixed fruit, cereal, and nut butter
- Vanilla Extract
Step-by-Step: No-Bake Protein Bars
- Combine ½ cup nuts, ½ cup seeds, 1 ½ dry mixed fruit, 2 cups mixed nuts , ¼ cup protein, and 1 ½ cup dry oatmeal
- Combine and microwave together 1 cup nut butter, ¾ cup honey, and 1 tsp. vanilla extract one to two minutes until bubbling
- Combine the dry and wet mixtures from steps 1 and 2 together
- Press mixture into a cookie sheet
- Freeze until solid
- Cut into 1.5 inch squares (or to your desired size)
- Refrigerate until ready to eat
Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations in central and western Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.