This post was last updated on May 25, 2016
Gary Roberts, from the UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex, recommends including healthy fats with every meal. Avocado is high in nutrients and assists in recovery after an intense workout. Try this breakfast toast recipe after your next morning workout session!
Avocado Breakfast Toast
Ingredients (serves one)
- 2 slices whole grain toast
- ½ avocado
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- Juice from ½ lemon or lime
- ¼ tsp. chili flakes
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 2 slices of tomato
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- (optional: fried egg on top)
How to make avocado breakfast toast
- In a small bowl, mash avocado, minced garlic, and lemon/lime juice together.
- Spread avocado mash on toast and top with chili flakes, sliced onion, tomatoes and hemp seeds to taste.
- Optionally, add a fried egg for additional protein.