Looking to impress a special someone? Whip up some chocolate coconut mousse and indulge a little with this creamy, chocolatey goodness.
This recipe takes minutes to make, and is also gluten-free and dairy-free. While coconut milk is high in fat and should be used in moderation, it is a good source of vitamins and calcium, and has been shown to provide a number of health benefits.
Chocolate Coconut Mousse
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (chilled)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tsp agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Place coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. This helps the cream separate from the liquid.
- Spoon the coconut cream out of the can and place in a large bowl or mixer. There will be liquid left at the bottom of the can – you don’t need that.
- Add the chocolate, agave, vanilla, and salt.
- Whip until it is smooth and creamy.
- Serve in bowls topped with raspberries and coconut flakes.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Based in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and more than 700 doctor’s offices and outpatient centers. Our expert physicians are among the leaders in their fields, and we are leaders in groundbreaking research and treatment breakthroughs. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside ranks as “One of America’s Best Hospitals” and No. 1 in Pennsylvania in U.S. News & World Report’s listings.