Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 6
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into ½” chunks
- 2 bell peppers, cut into ½” chunks
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 medium red onion, cut into ½” chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (13.25-ounce) box whole-grain penne
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup shredded Italian cheese blend, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray two jelly roll pans with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together zucchini, peppers, broccoli, onion, garlic, and oil. Divide mixture between pans in a single even layer.
- Roast vegetables for 15-20 minutes or until browned and tender, tossing halfway through.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and heat over high heat. Once the water reaches a boil, add pasta, and cook until tender. Remove from heat and drain in a colander, reserving ½ cup cooking water.
- Return drained pasta to the saucepan and add roasted vegetables, tomatoes, basil, and red pepper. Stir to combine, adding reserved cooking water if necessary.
- Top with cheese prior to serving.
Pasta Night Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
About UPMC Harrisburg
UPMC Harrisburg is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in south central PA. and surrounding rural communities. UPMC Harrisburg includes seven acute care hospitals and over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties. These locations care for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. Its cardiovascular program is nationally recognized for its innovation and quality. It also leads the region with its cancer, neurology, transplant, obstetrics-gynecology, maternity care, and orthopaedic programs.