This low-calorie take on bundt cake makes for a pleasing holiday dessert. Best of all, you can whip it up in just a few simple steps.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- One-quarter cup of butter at room temperature
- Half cup of canned pumpkin puree
- Three-quarters cup baking blend
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- Four egg whites
- Two-and-a-half cups of cake flour
- One tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- Four teaspoons of baking powder
- Three-quarters of a teaspoon of salt
- One cup of skim milk
How to Make Light Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- First, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour your bundt pan.
- Mix together cake flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, and salt
- In a different bowl, whisk your egg whites
- Next, beat butter and pumpkin puree in a third bowl. Add baking blend and vanilla extract.
- Combine your flour mixture, milk, and your puree mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Add your egg whites
- Pour your batter into your bundt pan
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until your bundt cake is golden brown. Allow it to cool in the pan for several minutes.
RELATED: Healthy Pumpkin Pie Alternatives
The inspiration for this recipe came from BetsyLife.com.