This low-calorie take on bundt cake makes for a pleasing holiday dessert. Best of all, you can whip it up in just a few simple steps.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- One-quarter cup of butter at room temperature
- Half cup of canned pumpkin puree
- Three-quarters cup baking blend
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- Four egg whites
- Two-and-a-half cups of cake flour
- One tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- Four teaspoons of baking powder
- Three-quarters of a teaspoon of salt
- One cup of skim milk
How to Make Light Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- First, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour your bundt pan.
- Mix together cake flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, and salt
- In a different bowl, whisk your egg whites
- Next, beat butter and pumpkin puree in a third bowl. Add baking blend and vanilla extract.
- Combine your flour mixture, milk, and your puree mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Add your egg whites
- Pour your batter into your bundt pan
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until your bundt cake is golden brown. Allow it to cool in the pan for several minutes.
RELATED: Healthy Pumpkin Pie Alternatives
The inspiration for this recipe came from BetsyLife.com.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Based in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and more than 700 doctor’s offices and outpatient centers. Our expert physicians are among the leaders in their fields, and we are leaders in groundbreaking research and treatment breakthroughs. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside ranks as “One of America’s Best Hospitals” and No. 1 in Pennsylvania in U.S. News & World Report’s listings.