Skip the sugary pastries at breakfast time and opt for this guilt-free oatmeal blueberry muffin recipe instead. You can whip up a dozen in less than 30 minutes — perfect for your next brunch.
Cooking time:30 minutes
Recipe serves: 12
- 1 2/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Place oats in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine.
- Coat blueberries in a small amount of flour.
- Gently fold blueberries into mixture.
- Scoop mixture into a muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.
Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Thank you for subscribing!
You are already subscribed.
Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.