Healthy Holiday Recipe: Greek Yogurt Chocolate Peppermint Mousse
‘Tis the season to sweeten up your chilly days with rich and creamy desserts. And while you may be tempted to reach for Christmas cookies and sweets, this Greek yogurt chocolate peppermint mousse is a great guilt-free substitute.
Our version of peppermint mousse trades in the heavy cream for plain, non-fat Greek yogurt. Plus, this confection is filled with powerful probiotics.
Greek Yogurt Chocolate Peppermint Mousse
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 1 3/4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Pour milk in a saucepan and put it on low heat. When the milk warms up, add chocolate chips and stir until they melt. (Don’t bring the milk to a boil)
- Once the chocolate chips are melted, remove the milk from heat and let it rest for three to five minutes. Add honey, Peppermint extract, vanilla extract, and Greek yogurt. Mix rigorously. There should be no lumps (you can even use a hand mixer for this)
- Pour it into ramekins and let it chill for at least two hours.
- Serve chilled.