‘Tis the season to sweeten up your chilly days with rich and creamy desserts. And while you may be tempted to reach for Christmas cookies and sweets, this Greek yogurt chocolate peppermint mousse is a great guilt-free substitute.
Our version of peppermint mousse trades in the heavy cream for plain, non-fat Greek yogurt. Plus, this confection is filled with powerful probiotics.
- 1 3/4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 4
- Pour milk in a saucepan and put it on low heat. When the milk warms up, add chocolate chips and stir until they melt. (Don’t bring the milk to a boil)
- Once the chocolate chips are melted, remove the milk from heat and let it rest for three to five minutes. Add honey, Peppermint extract, vanilla extract, and Greek yogurt. Mix rigorously. There should be no lumps (you can even use a hand mixer for this)
- Pour it into ramekins and let it chill for at least two hours.
- Serve chilled.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Based in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and more than 700 doctor’s offices and outpatient centers. Our expert physicians are among the leaders in their fields, and we are leaders in groundbreaking research and treatment breakthroughs. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside ranks as “One of America’s Best Hospitals” and No. 1 in Pennsylvania in U.S. News & World Report’s listings.