‘Tis the season to sweeten up your chilly days with rich and creamy desserts. And while you may be tempted to reach for Christmas cookies and sweets, this Greek yogurt chocolate peppermint mousse is a great guilt-free substitute.
Our version of peppermint mousse trades in the heavy cream for plain, non-fat Greek yogurt. Plus, this confection is filled with powerful probiotics.
- 1 3/4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 4
- Pour milk in a saucepan and put it on low heat. When the milk warms up, add chocolate chips and stir until they melt. (Don’t bring the milk to a boil)
- Once the chocolate chips are melted, remove the milk from heat and let it rest for three to five minutes. Add honey, Peppermint extract, vanilla extract, and Greek yogurt. Mix rigorously. There should be no lumps (you can even use a hand mixer for this)
- Pour it into ramekins and let it chill for at least two hours.
- Serve chilled.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
A $21 billion health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centered, cost-effective, accountable care. The largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, UPMC integrates more than 90,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a 3.8 million-member Insurance Services Division, the largest medical insurer in western Pennsylvania. In the most recent fiscal year, UPMC contributed $1.4 billion in benefits to its communities, including more care to the region’s most vulnerable citizens than any other health care institution, and paid more than $500 million in federal, state, and local taxes. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial, and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialization arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside on its annual Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. For more information, go to UPMC.com.