McKelvey’s Greek chicken with tomatoes, peppers, olives, and feta is full of protein and nutrients and low in fat. Learn how to make this dish with homemade Greek seasoning salt.
Executive Chef Jennifer McKelvey, CEC, CCA, FMP whipped up this healthful fare during the Healthy Cooking and Eating with the Steelers event at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pices
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 tsp. Greek seasoning Salt **
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper. cored. seeded, and sliced lenghtwise
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cut into eights
- 3 T. Kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 T. feta cheese, crumbled
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 8
- Dredge chicken in flour mixed with Greek seasoning
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add chicken, sauteing for 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside
- Add onion to skillet and saute until tender (about 2 minutes). Add bell pepper and cook another 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes, sprinkling with remaining Greek seasoning. Mix in tomatoes.
- Remove from heat, transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with olives and feta cheese
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. dried mint
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories – 220
- Total Fat – 5g
- Saturated Fat – 1g
- Trans Fat – 0g
- Cholesterol – 100mg
- Sodium – 800mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10g
- Dietary Fiber – 1g
- Total Sugars – 2g
- Protein – 31g
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations in central and western Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.