Looking for a filling vegetarian side dish without much fuss? Try our cauliflower stuffing — it’s low on carbs and full of hearty flavor.
In our version, we replace traditional white bread with vitamin and mineral-packed cauliflower. This recipe blends flavors like sage, rosemary, and onion to create a satisfying stuffing substitute. Your guests won’t be able to tell the difference (trust us).
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 6
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, carrot, and celery and sauté until soft, (about 7 minutes)
- Add cauliflower and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender for about 10 minutes
- Add parsley, rosemary, and sage and stir until combined. Then pour over vegetable broth and cover with a lid.
- Cover until totally tender and liquid is absorbed (15 minutes)
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Based in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and more than 700 doctor’s offices and outpatient centers. Our expert physicians are among the leaders in their fields, and we are leaders in groundbreaking research and treatment breakthroughs. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside ranks as “One of America’s Best Hospitals” and No. 1 in Pennsylvania in U.S. News & World Report’s listings.