Looking for a filling vegetarian side dish without much fuss? Try our cauliflower stuffing — it’s low on carbs and full of hearty flavor.
In our version, we replace traditional white bread with vitamin and mineral-packed cauliflower. This recipe blends flavors like sage, rosemary, and onion to create a satisfying stuffing substitute. Your guests won’t be able to tell the difference (trust us).
Cooking time:30 minutes
Recipe serves: 6
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, carrot, and celery and sauté until soft, (about 7 minutes)
- Add cauliflower and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender for about 10 minutes
- Add parsley, rosemary, and sage and stir until combined. Then pour over vegetable broth and cover with a lid.
- Cover until totally tender and liquid is absorbed (15 minutes)
Vegetarian and Plant-Based Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Thank you for subscribing!
You are already subscribed.
Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.