Gear up for Sunday’s game with this healthy rendition of your favorite tailgate food: buffalo wings.
Kick your cravings by stuffing a fiber-rich sweet potato with protein-packed chicken. Remember to practice safety and unplug your slow-cooker when the game is over.
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 4 small baked sweet potatoes
- Place chicken in a slow cooker set on low.
- In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine the hot sauce, butter, coconut aminos, garlic powder, and cayenne. Stir together and heat until butter is melted.
- Pour sauce into slow cooker.
- Cook for 4-6 hour on low or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and toss with sauce.
- Turn slow cooker to warm (or remain on low) until ready to serve.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
A $21 billion health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centered, cost-effective, accountable care. The largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, UPMC integrates more than 90,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a 3.8 million-member Insurance Services Division, the largest medical insurer in western Pennsylvania. In the most recent fiscal year, UPMC contributed $1.4 billion in benefits to its communities, including more care to the region’s most vulnerable citizens than any other health care institution, and paid more than $500 million in federal, state, and local taxes. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial, and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialization arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside on its annual Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. For more information, go to UPMC.com.