A Healthy Slow Cooker Recipe That’s Perfect for Pre-Gaming
Gear up for Sunday’s game with this healthy rendition of your favorite tailgate food: buffalo wings.
Kick your cravings by stuffing a fiber-rich sweet potato with protein-packed chicken. Remember to practice safety and unplug your slow-cooker when the game is over.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 4 small baked sweet potatoes
- Place chicken in a slow cooker set on low.
- In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine the hot sauce, butter, coconut aminos, garlic powder, and cayenne. Stir together and heat until butter is melted.
- Pour sauce into slow cooker.
- Cook for 4-6 hour on low or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and toss with sauce.
- Turn slow cooker to warm (or remain on low) until ready to serve.