Gear up for Sunday’s game with this healthy rendition of your favorite tailgate food: buffalo wings.
Kick your cravings by stuffing a fiber-rich sweet potato with protein-packed chicken. Remember to practice safety and unplug your slow-cooker when the game is over.
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 4 small baked sweet potatoes
- Place chicken in a slow cooker set on low.
- In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine the hot sauce, butter, coconut aminos, garlic powder, and cayenne. Stir together and heat until butter is melted.
- Pour sauce into slow cooker.
- Cook for 4-6 hour on low or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and toss with sauce.
- Turn slow cooker to warm (or remain on low) until ready to serve.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations in central and western Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.