Video Recipe: Roasted Garlic and Ricotta Mashed Cauliflower
Comfort food doesn’t have to be unhealthy. Packed with vitamin C, K, and B6, cauliflower turns this creamy side dish into a healthy addition to any meal. Prepare this accompaniment in 6 easy steps.
Roasted Garlic and Ricotta Mashed Cauliflower
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 lb. head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the tip of each garlic clove. Place in a piece of foil and cover with olive oil. Wrap the foil tightly and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast the garlic for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Remove and let cool before peeling. The garlic should easily pop out of their skins when pressed.
- Cook the cauliflower florets in salted water for 8-12 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and then lay flat on a large baking sheet lined with several layers of paper towel. Tap the baking sheet couple times on the countertop/table to get as much water as possible out of the cauliflower.
- Then working quickly, place the cauliflower in a food processor with roasted garlic, butter and ricotta. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Purée until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve warm.