Video Recipe: Easy Shrimp and Couscous
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be time-consuming. Case in point, this delectable shimp and couscous dish you can make in less than 20 minutes. The creamy yogurt sauce kicks your fat cravings while the protein-packed shrimp works to keep you full.
Shrimp and Couscous With Yogurt-Hummus Sauce
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared hummus
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or dill
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Combine the couscous, raisins and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a bowl. Add 1 1/4 cups very hot water, cover with plastic wrap and let sit until all of the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together the yogurt, hummus, mint and 1 to 2 tablespoons water in another bowl. Season with salt and set aside.
- Toss the shrimp, tomatoes, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and paprika together. Spread out on a baking sheet and broil until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork. Divide the shrimp and couscous among 4 plates. Scrape any of the drippings from the baking sheet into the yogurt-hummus sauce. Serve the shrimp and couscous with the sauce.