Eating healthy doesn’t have to be time-consuming. Case in point, this delectable shimp and couscous dish you can make in less than 20 minutes.Â The creamy yogurt sauce kicks your fat cravings while the protein-packed shrimp works to keep you full.
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 4
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared hummus
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or dill
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Combine the couscous, raisins and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a bowl. Add 1 1/4 cups very hot water, cover with plastic wrap and let sit until all of the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together the yogurt, hummus, mint and 1 to 2 tablespoons water in another bowl. Season with salt and set aside.
- Toss the shrimp, tomatoes, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and paprika together. Spread out on a baking sheet and broil until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork. Divide the shrimp and couscous among 4 plates. Scrape any of the drippings from the baking sheet into the yogurt-hummus sauce. Serve the shrimp and couscous with the sauce.
Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 700 doctorsâ€™ offices and outpatient centers, with locations in central and western Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nationâ€™s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Childrenâ€™s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of Americaâ€™s Best Childrenâ€™s Hospitals.