Eating healthy doesn’t have to be time-consuming. Case in point, this delectable shrimp and couscous dish you can make in less than 20 minutes. The creamy yogurt sauce kicks your fat cravings while the protein-packed shrimp works to keep you full.
Cooking time:20 minutes
Recipe serves: 4
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared hummus
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or dill
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Combine the couscous, raisins, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a bowl. Add 1 1/4 cups very hot water, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit until all of the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together the yogurt, hummus, mint, and 1 to 2 tablespoons water in another bowl. Season with salt and set aside.
- Toss the shrimp, tomatoes, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and paprika together. Spread out on a baking sheet and broil until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork. Divide the shrimp and couscous among four plates. Scrape any of the drippings from the baking sheet into the yogurt-hummus sauce. Serve the shrimp and couscous with the sauce.
Editor's Note: This video_recipe was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Thank you for subscribing!
You are already subscribed.
Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.