Did you ever think a delicious dessert could be healthy?
These brownie pops will have you thinking you’re cheating on your diet but actually, they are packed with protein and nutrients. In our version, we use creamy nut butter and black beans to up the health factor of traditional brownies. Make these in under 30 minutes.
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp nut butter (almond, sunflower, or cashew)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Cake pop sticks
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 12
- Combine black beans, nut butter, maple syrup, and cacao powder in a food processor
- Process until dough-like consistency
- Roll out 12 1 inch balls from the dough and place on to cookie sheet
- Insert a cake pop into each ball
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes
- Melt chocolate chips
- Dip, cover, or drizzle brownie pops with melted chocolate
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Based in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and more than 700 doctor’s offices and outpatient centers. Our expert physicians are among the leaders in their fields, and we are leaders in groundbreaking research and treatment breakthroughs. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside ranks as “One of America’s Best Hospitals” and No. 1 in Pennsylvania in U.S. News & World Report’s listings.