Switch up your snack routine with this light and creamy white bean dip. Cut up carrots, celery, and other fresh veggies for dipping and enjoy!
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- One 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons good quality olive oil
- Pinch smoked or sweet paprika
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Combine the cottage cheese, vinegar, thyme, beans, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor.
- Puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Chill 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the paprika and garnish with chives.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Calories (per serving): 200
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
A $21 billion health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centered, cost-effective, accountable care. The largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, UPMC integrates more than 90,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a 3.8 million-member Insurance Services Division, the largest medical insurer in western Pennsylvania. In the most recent fiscal year, UPMC contributed $1.4 billion in benefits to its communities, including more care to the region’s most vulnerable citizens than any other health care institution, and paid more than $500 million in federal, state, and local taxes. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial, and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialization arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside on its annual Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. For more information, go to UPMC.com.