Adapted from “Fannetastic Food”
Recipe serves: 1 serving
- 1 whole-grain tortilla or pita bread
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- ¼ cup sliced zucchini
- ½ cup fresh spinach, torn
- ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the tortilla or pita on the prepared baking sheet, and toast to 75% of desired crispiness.
- Remove crust from oven spread on marinara sauce evenly.
- Assemble pizza – a layer of kidney beans, followed by feta cheese. Add vegetables and finish with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 3-5 minutes, or until toppings have slightly browned and the cheese has melted.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Thank you for subscribing!
You are already subscribed.
Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
About UPMC Harrisburg
UPMC Harrisburg is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in south central PA. and surrounding rural communities. UPMC Harrisburg includes seven acute care hospitals and over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties. These locations care for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. Its cardiovascular program is nationally recognized for its innovation and quality. It also leads the region with its cancer, neurology, transplant, obstetrics-gynecology, maternity care, and orthopaedic programs.