Adapted from “The Garden Grazer”
Recipe serves: 1 serving
- 1 whole-grain tortilla or pita bread
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- ⅓ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup shredded part-skim or reduced-fat cheese of choice, divided
- ½ cup chunk pineapple, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- ½ cup fresh spinach, torn
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the tortilla or pita on the prepared baking sheet, and toast to 75% of desired crispiness.
- Remove crust from oven spread on barbecue sauce evenly.
- Assemble pizza – a layer of black beans, followed by ¾ of the shredded cheese. Top with pineapple and vegetables. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Bake for another 3-5 minutes, or until toppings have slightly browned and the cheese has melted.
Editor's Note: This recipe was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Connect with UPMC
About UPMC Harrisburg
UPMC Harrisburg is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in south central PA. and surrounding rural communities. UPMC Harrisburg includes seven acute care hospitals and over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties. These locations care for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. Its cardiovascular program is nationally recognized for its innovation and quality. It also leads the region with its cancer, neurology, transplant, obstetrics-gynecology, maternity care, and orthopaedic programs.