- 1 whole-grain tortilla or pita bread
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- ¼ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- ¼ cup raw or pre-roasted vegetables of choice (tomato, broccoli, bell pepper, or cauliflower)
- ½ cup spinach leaves, torn
Recipe Serves: 1 serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the tortilla or pita on the prepared baking sheet, and toast to 75% of desired crispiness.
- Remove crust from oven spread on pesto sauce evenly.
- Assemble pizza – sprinkle half of the shredded cheese atop the pesto sauce, followed by the spinach and additional vegetables. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for another 3-5 minutes, or until toppings have slightly browned and the cheese has melted.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in south central PA. and surrounding rural communities. UPMC Pinnacle includes seven acute care hospitals and over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties. These locations care for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. Its cardiovascular program is nationally recognized for its innovation and quality. It also leads the region with its cancer, neurology, transplant, obstetrics-gynecology, maternity care, and orthopaedic programs.