Overnight oats make a creamy, delicious breakfast with no cooking required. High in dietary fiber, unsaturated fats, and omega-3 fatty acids, this recipe also has no added sweeteners.
Recipe serves: 4 servings
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1¼ cups skim or 1% milk
- ½ cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 10 strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In a medium bowl, mix the mashed banana, milk, and yogurt.
- Stir in the oats, chia seeds, and strawberries.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 4 mason jars or custard cups. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, top each serving with ½ tablespoon almond butter.
Editor's Note: This recipe was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Thank you for subscribing!
You are already subscribed.
Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
About UPMC Harrisburg
UPMC Harrisburg is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in south central PA. and surrounding rural communities. UPMC Harrisburg includes seven acute care hospitals and over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties. These locations care for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. Its cardiovascular program is nationally recognized for its innovation and quality. It also leads the region with its cancer, neurology, transplant, obstetrics-gynecology, maternity care, and orthopaedic programs.