[email_signup]These flourless breakfast bars are gluten-free and dairy-free, with zero added sugars. Made with almond butter and zucchini, these bars offer nutrients that are considered to be crucial for diabetes management, including heart-healthy fats, protein, and fiber.
Get the recipe.
Cooking time:30 minutes
Recipe serves: 12 bars
- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, moisture squeezed out
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8×8” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray
and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir the almond butter, zucchini, egg, sugar-free maple syrup,
and vanilla until well-combined.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips).
- Fold in the chocolate chips, until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until
a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Editor's Note: This recipe was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Connect with UPMC
About UPMC Harrisburg
UPMC Harrisburg is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in south central PA. and surrounding rural communities. UPMC Harrisburg includes seven acute care hospitals and over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties. These locations care for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. Its cardiovascular program is nationally recognized for its innovation and quality. It also leads the region with its cancer, neurology, transplant, obstetrics-gynecology, maternity care, and orthopaedic programs.