Adapted from “Hummusapien”
- ¾ cup creamy almond butter
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, moisture squeezed out
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 12 bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×8” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir the almond butter, zucchini, egg, sugar-free maple syrup, and vanilla until well-combined.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips).
- Fold in the chocolate chips, until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in south central PA. and surrounding rural communities. UPMC Pinnacle includes seven acute care hospitals and over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties. These locations care for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. Its cardiovascular program is nationally recognized for its innovation and quality. It also leads the region with its cancer, neurology, transplant, obstetrics-gynecology, maternity care, and orthopaedic programs.