These Southwest-inspired veggie burgers can be prepared in a matter of minutes! High in fiber, heart-healthy fats, and plant-based protein, they make a great option for Meatless Monday!
Adapted from “Fannetastic Food”
Recipe Serves: 5 servings
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1¼ cups fresh spinach
- ?? cup + 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 1¼ teaspoons cumin
- 1¼ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor blend until well-combined.
- Form the mixture into equal-sized patties using your hands or a burger press.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the burger patties and cook, flipping once, until evenly browned on both sides.
Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
About UPMC Harrisburg
UPMC Harrisburg is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in south central PA. and surrounding rural communities. UPMC Harrisburg includes seven acute care hospitals and over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties. These locations care for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. Its cardiovascular program is nationally recognized for its innovation and quality. It also leads the region with its cancer, neurology, transplant, obstetrics-gynecology, maternity care, and orthopaedic programs.