For busy parents and caregivers on the go, there’s an easy way to stay up to date on your child’s health care needs.
With the UPMC Children’s app, the experts at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh are always just a tap away. Originally launched in 2011, the app is new and improved. You can make appointments, access your child’s myCHP portal account, visit a pediatric expert online, find care after hours, or find advice for both common and rare pediatric conditions. And our improved design makes it easy for you to navigate when you need to use it.
Learn more about what’s included in the app.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
What Does the UPMC Children’s App Include?
You can use the UPMC Children’s app to get the right care for your child when they need it. For example, you can use the app for answers to many different questions, including:
Where should I take my child for treatment?
You can use the app to make an in-person or virtual appointment with one of our pediatric experts. A list of UPMC Children’s locations and services, organized by location and type, is available on the app.
If your child needs to be seen in person for care, you can use the app to:
- Make an appointment with an established doctor.
- Find UPMC Children’s facilities and care locations.
- Find a UPMC Children’s Express Care location near you and save your spot in line.
- Access quick connections to UPMC Children’s Emergency Medicine, including 911, the Pittsburgh Poison Center, and pediatric Emergency Departments.
If your child’s care can be done virtually, you can use the app to:
- See a pediatric doctor online via UPMC Children’s AnywhereCare for non-emergency care, 24/7.
- Access UPMC Children’s Video Visit information and apps.
What if my child has a new symptom, injury, or behavior?
The app can help you:
- Identify symptoms and decide what to do next if your child is sick or hurt with our interactive symptom checker. The checker covers a complete range of conditions your child may be experiencing. You also can create a profile for your child for easy access the next time they have symptoms.
- Educate yourself on topics such as behaviors, eating, and wellness. The app includes access to videos, parent advice, a health library, and upcoming educational events.
- Access first aid information for quick reference when time is precious.
- Understand proper dosages for medicines your child may be taking, including over-the-counter medications, and maintain a list of your child’s medicines.
- Find COVID-19 information and schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment for your child if they are eligible.
Stay Connected With UPMC Children’s
The app makes it easier than ever to stay connected with UPMC Children’s. You can easily:
- Contact us using a list of useful phone numbers for common UPMC Children’s services.
- Make a donation to UPMC Children’s programs or learn about other ways you can give back
- Find UPMC Children’s on social media and join our virtual communities.
- Pay your bill online.
- Access directions to UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh from your location, or arrange transportation through our Lyft partnership.
The UPMC Children’s app is available for free in the App Store or Google Play. Or you can use your phone to scan the QR code below, which will provide a link to download the app. It’s so easy that even an adult can do it.
For more information on the UPMC Children’s app, visit our website.
Editor's Note: This video was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
From nutrition to illnesses, from athletics to school, children will face many challenges growing up. Parents often will make important health care decisions for them. We hope to help guide both of you in that journey. UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh is a national leader in pediatric care, ranking consistently on U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals Honor Roll. We provide expert treatment for pediatric diseases, along well-child visits, urgent care, and more. With locations across Pennsylvania, Maryland, and West Virginia, you can find world-class care close to home. We also work closely with UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital, a national leader in care for newborns and their mothers. Our goal is to provide the best care for your children, from birth to adulthood and beyond. Visit our website to find a doctor near you.