This simple recipe has all the flavor of the holidays with only a few ingredients. Make this soup for a savory addition to any holiday meal.
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced into cubes
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1-2 tsp. salt
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 8 cups
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cut up butternut squash and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until squash is softened.
- Pour entire contents of pot into blender. Add salt.
- Blend until smooth.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories (per serving): 135
Fat: 4 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 24 g Sugar: 4 g Sodium: 884 mgFiber: 3 g Cholesterol: 1 mg
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Based in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and more than 700 doctor’s offices and outpatient centers. Our expert physicians are among the leaders in their fields, and we are leaders in groundbreaking research and treatment breakthroughs. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside ranks as “One of America’s Best Hospitals” and No. 1 in Pennsylvania in U.S. News & World Report’s listings.