This simple recipe has all the flavor of the holidays with only a few ingredients. Make this soup for a savory addition to any holiday meal.
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 8 cups
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced into cubes
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1-2 tsp. salt
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cut up butternut squash and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until squash is softened.
- Pour entire contents of pot into blender. Add salt.
- Blend until smooth.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories (per serving): 135
Fat: 4 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 24 g Sugar: 4 g Sodium: 884 mgFiber: 3 g Cholesterol: 1 mg
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations in central and western Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.