Make a low-carb version of your favorite cheat meal. Top your cauliflower crust with all of your pizza favorites, and you may just forget you’re eating vegetables. This meal is perfect for meal-prepping your lunches, or for a fun night with friends.
Healthy and Delicious Cauliflower Crust Topping Ideas
- Turkey sausage
- Low-fat cheese
Total time: 50 minutes
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Recipe serves: 4
- 12 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 2 low-fat tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon seed blend
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Pour frozen cauliflower into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave until just thawed, about 1 minute. Place cauliflower in the middle of a thin cloth napkin; twist and squeeze repeatedly to wring out as much moisture as possible. Transfer cauliflower to a food processor. Process until crumbled. Return to the cloth napkin and repeat twisting and squeezing. Transfer cauliflower pulp to a mixing bowl.
- Add egg, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, seed blend, 1 tsp. dried basil, garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt to the bowl with the pulp and combine. Form into a ball on your pan. Press into a flat 8-inch circle. Use fingertips to create a smooth outer edge.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the center rack until top begins to turn golden brown, 16 to 17 minutes. Remove from oven and use a spatula to loosen paper. Flip crust and return to oven until golden, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, basil, and salt in a bowl. Spread sauce on top of baked crust. Top with your favorite toppings!
Serving size: 4
Calories (per serving): 250
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.