Cutting down on pasta and bread for dinner time can be difficult. Your whole family will love this easy and tasty buffalo chicken zucchini recipe packed with protein and vitamin C.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 6 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- ⅔ cup low fat cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- Greek yogurt ranch dressing
Total Time: 4 Hours 25 Minutes
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 4 Hours 15 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 12 boats
- Place the chicken breasts and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a spoon, hollow out each zucchini half and fill with about ¼ cup of shredded chicken. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheese over each zucchini boat. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of chopped celery over the zucchini boats and drizzle with Greek yogurt ranch dressing
Serving Size: 2 boats
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
A $21 billion health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centered, cost-effective, accountable care. The largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, UPMC integrates more than 90,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a 3.8 million-member Insurance Services Division, the largest medical insurer in western Pennsylvania. In the most recent fiscal year, UPMC contributed $1.4 billion in benefits to its communities, including more care to the region’s most vulnerable citizens than any other health care institution, and paid more than $500 million in federal, state, and local taxes. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial, and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialization arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside on its annual Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. For more information, go to UPMC.com.