Cutting down on pasta and bread for dinner time can be difficult. Your whole family will love this easy and tasty buffalo chicken zucchini recipe packed with protein and vitamin C.
Total time: 4 hours 25 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hours 15 minutes
Recipe serves: 12 boats
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 6 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- ⅔ cup low fat cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- Greek yogurt ranch dressing
- Place the chicken breasts and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a spoon, hollow out each zucchini half and fill with about ¼ cup of shredded chicken. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheese over each zucchini boat. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of chopped celery over the zucchini boats and drizzle with Greek yogurt ranch dressing
Serving size: 2 boats
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.