Cutting down on pasta and bread for dinner time can be difficult. Your whole family will love this easy and tasty buffalo chicken zucchini recipe packed with protein and vitamin C.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 6 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- ⅔ cup low fat cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- Greek yogurt ranch dressing
Total Time: 4 Hours 25 Minutes
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 4 Hours 15 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 12 boats
- Place the chicken breasts and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a spoon, hollow out each zucchini half and fill with about ¼ cup of shredded chicken. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheese over each zucchini boat. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of chopped celery over the zucchini boats and drizzle with Greek yogurt ranch dressing
Serving Size: 2 boats
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Based in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and more than 700 doctor’s offices and outpatient centers. Our expert physicians are among the leaders in their fields, and we are leaders in groundbreaking research and treatment breakthroughs. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside ranks as “One of America’s Best Hospitals” and No. 1 in Pennsylvania in U.S. News & World Report’s listings.