Spice up your typical snacks with these DIY crispy chickpeas. Your whole family will love these customizable, poppable snacks that are high in nutrients and low in fatty oils.
We show you three different seasonings to try.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 to 4 teaspoons spices of your choice
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Pat dry with cloth towels and let sit for 15 minutes to dry out.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and salt in a large bowl to coat evenly.
- Roast the chickpeas for 20 to 30 minutes until browned and crunchy on the outside.
- Toss the chickpeas with the spices of your choice.
- Store in jars with tightly sealed lids.
Editor's Note: This video_recipe was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Thank you for subscribing!
You are already subscribed.
Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.