Spice up your typical snacks with these DIY crispy chickpeas. Your whole family will love these customizable, poppable snacks that are high in nutrients and low in fatty oils.
We show you three different seasonings to try.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 to 4 tsp spices of your choice
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Pat dry with cloth towels and let sit for 15 mins to dry out.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and salt in a large bowl to coat evenly.
- Roast the chickpeas for 20 to 30 minutes until browned and crunchy on the outside.
- Toss the chickpeas with the spices of your choice.
- Store in jars with tightly sealed lid. Perfect for taking to work, school, or on a car trip!
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Based in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and more than 700 doctor’s offices and outpatient centers. Our expert physicians are among the leaders in their fields, and we are leaders in groundbreaking research and treatment breakthroughs. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside ranks as “One of America’s Best Hospitals” and No. 1 in Pennsylvania in U.S. News & World Report’s listings.