At UPMC, we understand that waiting for a life-saving transplant can be an overwhelming challenge. Our team is here to offer support and various resources to assist you and your family throughout your journey.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
The UPMC Living Donor Champion Program
A Champion is someone who will provide emotional support for you while you’re on the transplant waiting list and take the lead in finding a suitable living donor for you. Through the UPMC Living Donor Champion Program, patients and their Champion can take advantage of the following resources:
- Living Donor Champion Toolkit – The Champion toolkit guides you and your Champion through the living donation process and provides tools to help you find a living donor. Access the toolkit by visiting UPMC.com/LivingDonorChampion.
- Champion Workshops – You and your Champion are invited to attend a free educational workshop about living donation, which includes resources for finding a donor. For more information, visit UPMC.com/LivingDonorChampion.
- Living Donor Information Sessions – Host a Living Donor Information Session in your community to share your story and teach others about living donation. For more information, visit UPMC.com/LivingDonorCommunity.
- Living Donor Champion Support Group – Join the UPMC Living Donor Champion Support Group to learn more about living donor transplants, ask questions, and meet with and hear stories about other Champions and patients. Visit Facebook.com/LivingDonorTransplant to join the group.
- UPMC’s Living Donor Champion Ambassador – Amy Dwyer, is available to provide personal support to you and your Champion. To contact Amy, call 412-518-2791.
UPMC and Donate Life America Living Donor Transplant Facebook Page
To learn more about living donation, share and read personal stories, and connect with others whose lives have been touched by transplantation, check out the page by visiting Facebook.com/LivingDonorTransplant.
UPMC Living Donor Transplant Team
We look forward to partnering with you along this journey. Our team is here to offer support and guidance to you and your family. To reach a member of our team, call 412-647-3476.
Connect with UPMC
About Transplant Services
For more than four decades, UPMC Transplant Services has been a leader in organ transplantation. Our clinicians have performed more than 20,000 organ transplant procedures, making UPMC one of the foremost organ transplant centers in the world. We are home to some of the world’s foremost transplant experts and take on some of the most challenging cases. Through research, we have developed new therapies that provide our patients better outcomes — so organ recipients can enjoy better health with fewer restrictions. Above all, we are committed to providing compassionate, complete care that can change – and save – our patients’ lives. Visit our website to find a provider near you.