At UPMC, we understand that waiting for a life-saving transplant can be an overwhelming challenge. Our team is here to offer support and various resources to assist you and your family throughout your journey.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
The UPMC Living Donor Champion Program
A Champion is someone who will provide emotional support for you while you’re on the transplant waiting list and take the lead in finding a suitable living donor for you. Through the UPMC Living Donor Champion Program, patients and their Champion can take advantage of the following resources:
- Living Donor Champion Toolkit – The Champion toolkit guides you and your Champion through the living donation process and provides tools to help you find a living donor. Access the toolkit by visiting UPMC.com/LivingDonorChampion.
- Champion Workshops – You and your Champion are invited to attend a free educational workshop about living donation, which includes resources for finding a donor. For more information, visit UPMC.com/LivingDonorChampion.
- Living Donor Information Sessions – Host a Living Donor Information Session in your community to share your story and teach others about living donation. For more information, visit UPMC.com/LivingDonorCommunity.
- Living Donor Champion Support Group – Join the UPMC Living Donor Champion Support Group to learn more about living donor transplants, ask questions, and meet with and hear stories about other Champions and patients. Visit Facebook.com/LivingDonorTransplant to join the group.
- Living Donor Champion Ambassador – UPMC’s Living Donor Champion Ambassador, Donya McCoy, is available to provide personal support to you and your Champion. To contact Donya, call 412-389-7606.
You might also like…
UPMC and Donate Life America Living Donor Transplant Facebook Page
To learn more about living donation, share and read personal stories, and connect with others whose lives have been touched by transplantation, check out the page by visiting Facebook.com/LivingDonorTransplant.
UPMC Living Donor Transplant Team
We look forward to partnering with you along this journey. Our team is here to offer support and guidance to you and your family. To reach a member of our team, call 412-647-3476.
About Transplant Services
Established in 1981, UPMC Transplant Services is one of the foremost organ transplant centers in the world. Our clinicians have performed more than 20,000 organ transplant procedures, including liver, kidney, pancreas, single and double lung, heart, and more. We are home to some of the world’s foremost transplant experts and have a long history of developing new antirejection therapies—so organ recipients can enjoy better health with fewer restrictions.