Impress your friends with this simple spring asparagus recipe.
Homemade dressing always seems complex, but it’s incredibly simple and adds an extra touch of flavor to any dish.
Warning: People will be asking for seconds!
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
- In a blender, combine grated onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, and paprika. Blend until smooth.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add chopped asparagus and stir. Cook, covered, for 3-5 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat. Drain remaining water and place asparagus in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes and drizzle the dressing. Top with toasted almonds and crumbled blue cheese, if desired.
Editor's Note: This video_recipe was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Connect with UPMC
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.