Make this simple and low-maintenance meal prep option, with huge flavor and no refined sugar.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil (olive oil is fine)
- a 2-inch knob of fresh ginger (peeled)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 medjool dates (you can also use 1/4 cup honey)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into strips
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- sesame oil, sesame seeds, and/or green onions for topping
- Prep Sauce: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Blend all sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Place chicken, broccoli, and red pepper on a sheet pan. Pour about 1/2 cup sauce over top of the chicken and just a few tablespoons over the veggies. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While the broccoli and chicken are roasting, simmer another 1/2 cup or so of sauce in a small saucepan over medium low heat until it’s thickened. Drizzle it over the finished chicken and broccoli. Finish with sesame oil, sesame seeds, or scallions. Voila! Happy bowls and meal prep lunches.
Our Favorite Chicken Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.