Make this simple and low-maintenance meal prep option, with huge flavor and no refined sugar.
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil (olive oil is fine)
- a 2-inch knob of fresh ginger (peeled)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 medjool dates (you can also use 1/4 cup honey)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into strips
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- sesame oil, sesame seeds, and/or green onions for topping
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Sauce: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Blend all sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Place chicken, broccoli, and red pepper on a sheet pan. Pour about 1/2 cup sauce over top of the chicken and just a few tablespoons over the veggies. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While the broccoli and chicken are roasting, simmer another 1/2 cup or so of sauce in a small saucepan over medium low heat until it’s thickened. Drizzle it over the finished chicken and broccoli. Finish with sesame oil, sesame seeds, or scallions. Voila! Happy bowls and meal prep lunches.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Based in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and more than 700 doctor’s offices and outpatient centers. Our expert physicians are among the leaders in their fields, and we are leaders in groundbreaking research and treatment breakthroughs. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside ranks as “One of America’s Best Hospitals” and No. 1 in Pennsylvania in U.S. News & World Report’s listings.