Brighten your dinner plate with roasted baby spring vegetables.
The prep work is the hardest part of this recipe. Radishes, carrots, asparagus, and potatoes will fill you up with flavorful veggie goodness!
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 12 fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 6 ounces radishes, stems removed and halved
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound baby carrots, stems removed and chopped in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine shallots and vinegar. Set aside.
- Combine potatoes, radishes, and carrots in shallow roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown. Toss occasionally while in oven.
- Top with asparagus and shallot mixture. Return to oven for 5 minutes. Top with fresh parsley and chives and serve.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Thank you for subscribing!
You are already subscribed.
Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.