Prep these fruit and nut bars ahead of time for grab-and-go nutrition.
Recipe serves: 6 Bars
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 8oz dates (~32 dates)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Place the dates into the food processor and pulse the dates into a paste. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until they form into small pieces. Do not over-blend.
- Place the dates in a food processor with the nuts and pulse until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse until combined.
- Line an 8×8 pan with Parchment paper, then put the mixture in the pan.
- Use another piece of paper, press the mixture firmly and evenly in the pan.
- Remove the paper, and cut the bars into 6 even pieces.
- Wrap each bar into a piece of plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Thank you for subscribing!
You can now select the specific newsletters you'd like to receive.
You are already subscribed.
Subscribe to more newsletters in our email preference center.
Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Connect with UPMC
About Sports Medicine
An athletic lifestyle carries the potential for injury. Whether you’re an elite athlete or a weekend warrior, UPMC Sports Medicine can help. If you are looking to prevent, treat, or rehabilitate a sports injury, our multidisciplinary team of experts can help you get back into the game. If you are seeking to improve your athletic performance, we can work with you to meet your goals. We serve athletes and active people of all ages and experience levels. Our goal is to help you keep doing what you love. Visit our website to find a specialist near you.