Prep these fruit and nut bars ahead of time for grab-and-go nutrition.
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 8oz dates (~32 dates)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Recipe Serves: 6 Bars
- Place the dates into the food processor and pulse the dates into a paste. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until they form into small pieces. Do not over-blend.
- Place the dates in a food processor with the nuts and pulse until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse until combined.
- Line an 8×8 pan with Parchment paper, then put the mixture in the pan.
- Use another piece of paper, press the mixture firmly and evenly in the pan.
- Remove the paper, and cut the bars into 6 even pieces.
- Wrap each bar into a piece of plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
About Sports Medicine
Sports and physical activity bring with them a potential for injury. If you are looking to prevent, treat, or rehabilitate a sports injury – or improve athletic performance – UPMC Sports Medicine and the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program can help. We serve athletes and active people of all ages and experience levels. Our experts partner with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Pitt Panthers, and about 100 other high school, college, and regional teams and events throughout Pennsylvania – working daily to build better athletes.