This quick and easy meal is perfect for the whole family. Packed with vegetables, protein, and nutrient-filled ingredients.
- 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon warm water
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup fresh pea pods, halved
- 1 cup pre-shredded broccoli slaw (broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage, carrots)
- 3 ounces cooked skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, warmed
- Heat peanut butter, water, ginger and honey for 1 minute in skillet over medium heat.
- Add in peapods, broccoli slaw and chicken and sauté 6 minutes until heated.
- Serve over warm brown rice.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
About Sports Medicine
Sports and physical activity bring with them a potential for injury. If you are looking to prevent, treat, or rehabilitate a sports injury – or improve athletic performance – UPMC Sports Medicine and the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program can help. We serve athletes and active people of all ages and experience levels. Our experts partner with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Pitt Panthers, and about 100 other high school, college, and regional teams and events throughout Pennsylvania – working daily to build better athletes.