Non-alcoholic cocktails, or “mocktails,” mimic your favorite mixed drinks but don’t require any alcohol. Not only are they easy to make for get togethers or a night at home, these flavorful beverages require only some fresh ingredients, soda and a blender—no sugar added! Mocktails provide a healthy alternative to sugary, alcohol-laden cocktails.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Mocktails for an Alcohol-Free Celebration
Yield : 2 servings
- 1 medium-sized cucumber, peeled
- Juice of 2 medium-sized lemons
- Soda water
- Ice cubes
- Cucumber rounds or mint sprigs for garnish, if desired
- Puree the peeled cucumber with an immersion blender or food processor. Make sure there are no whole pieces of cucumber left.
- Pour cucumber puree and lemon juice into a shaker; close and shake well.
- Place ice cubes in glasses and pour the cucumber-lemon mixture over ice. Top with soda water and garnish as desired. Serve immediately!
Raspberry-Lime Margarita Fizz
Yield : 1 serving
- 4 oz Raspberry-Lime Sparkling Water
- 4 oz Sugar-Free Margarita Mix
- Fresh lime and raspberries for garnish
- Add ice to tall glass.
- Add sparkling water and margarita mix
- Garnish with fresh lime and raspberries
Yield : 6 servings
- 1 cup grape juice (white or red)
- 4 cups sparkling water
- 1 cup cranberry juice or orange juice
- Chopped strawberries
- Fresh citrus slices, for garnish
- Add the grape juice, orange or cranberry juice, sparkling water and chopped fruit to a large jug or drink dispenser.
- Place the sangria mocktail in the fridge and let it chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge, top with ice and garnish your non-alcoholic Sangria with fruit before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Yields 3 servings
- 2 cups seedless watermelon
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 2 cups lemon-lime flavored soda water
- lime for garnish
- Place the watermelon and ice cubes in a blender and blend until liquefied. (Once you add the lemon-lime soda, it will thin out even more; add more ice cubes if you want it slushier.)
- Slowly add 1/2 of the lemon-lime soda and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses; garnish with limes and serve.
You might also like…
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations in central and western Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.