Looking for dinner in a pinch? You can pull this artichoke and sun-dried tomato chicken recipe together with just a few pantry staples. Served with rice or pasta, this dinner recipe becomes a nourishing meal in under an hour.
Total time:35 minutes
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time:25 minutes
Recipe serves: 4
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet; cook, turning once to brown each side. Remove chicken from pan, and set aside.
- Pour tomatoes into pan; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, and incorporating any brown bits from bottom of pan. Stir in pesto and artichokes, and return chicken to pan. Cover, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Our Favorite Chicken Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Sign Up to Receive Our Recipe for Artichoke And Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken.
Thank you for subscribing!
You are already subscribed.
Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.
Or, Get The Recipe Sent to Your Phone!
About UPMC Nutrition Services
Nutrition is vital for maintaining your overall health. UPMC Nutrition Services offers comprehensive diet and nutrition counseling on a variety of topics, including eating disorders, weight management, and heart disease. Our team provides medical nutrition therapy for chronic conditions such as celiac disease, cancer, and diabetes. UPMC’s network of registered dietitians is available to help guide all patients toward a healthier life.